Sr. Microsoft Systems Engineer
Working from our Charlotte office, the seasoned Sr. Microsoft Systems Engineer is a customer facing and hands on role that has strong experience with Exchange, Active Directory, and large-scale deployments and implementations in a 100+ server environment. The successful candidate will have experience with the entire Microsoft portfolio in an enterprise environment.
- Provide engineering and design for the Microsoft environments
- Migrate Exchange 2003/2007/2010 email, MSSQL, IIS and Active Directory systems from externally hosted sources to internally hosted infrastructure
- Design implementations of Microsoft Exchange in a complex environment
- Perform upgrades, security, virus protection, spam protection, registry, active directory, editing, system implementation, performance monitoring and problem solving for project execution in a large, complex environment, strategic planning, functional management, and deployment of client software for mail migrations
- Create, oversee and update the existing Exchange, AD, MSSQL, IIS systems and related documentation
- Provide expertise and direction in the development or modification of complex software programs to enhance an operating system
- Responsible for the instruction, assigning, and overseeing the performance of less experienced software systems engineers
- Hands-on implementation and trouble-shooting of new environments
- Provide assistance and training to lower-level web engineers. This includes creating processes to simplify and standardize the support engineers’ role, and providing guidance to engineers from disciplines such as security, redundancy, IIS management, MSSQL management, middleware etc.
- Provide technical support to web application developers when required. This includes promoting the use of best practices, ensuring standardization across applications and troubleshooting issues
- Design web hardware infrastructure and author design documents for guiding through the approval process
- Be responsive to customer needs which may sometimes require work outside of normal business hours or on-call responsibilities
Desired Skills and ExperienceMinimum Qualification Requirements
- Possess one of the following certifications: MCITP; MCSA; MCSE; MCSA; MCTS
- At least five (5) years experience as a lead Microsoft Exchange engineer; In-depth knowledge of messaging systems, architecture expertise; Active Directory, documentation and overall Windows OS skills;
- At least three (3) years experience administrating a clustered, high availability Exchange environment;
- Advanced Exchange 2007/2010, Exchange 2010 Enterprise Build Experience, Monitor and Maintaining an Exchange 2010 environment, MSSQL, IIS, Active Directory
- Microsoft Windows 2003, 2008, 2012 Operating Systems with Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007/2010
- E-Mail Calendars and Scheduling, as well as file sharing applications
- Inter-Org Migration experience
- Advance Email Routing knowledge
- Blackberry 5.xx Enterprise Build and Migration Experience and Windows Mobile/Active Sync.
- Experience in a large, geographically dispersed environment;
- Full understanding of Load Balancers, Outlook Web Access and Microsoft Outlook;
- Full understanding of DNS, WINS, DHCP and LDAP compliant directories
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Experience with Windows scripting
- Disaster recovery planning desired.
- Familiarity with ITIL and process improvement is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge in SMTP and email archive solution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytic, organization, presentation, customer service and facilitation skills
- Excellent problem solving skills; and the ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Job assignments may require working at client site where working conditions may vary.
- Travel may be required.
- United States Citizenship is required
- base salary